Superman is one of the founding members of the Justice League.
Kal-El was an infant sent to Earth by his parents, Jor-El and Lara-El, prior to the destruction of their home planet Krypton. Kal-El's capsule landed near Smallville, Kansas where he was found by Jonathan Kent and Martha Kent and subsequently took a liking to both of them. The Kents adopted the young Kryptonian, naming him "Clark" after Martha's maiden name.
As a youth growing up in Smallville, Clark encountered Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl and Chameleon Boy prior to discovering the full extent of his powers. During this incident, he aided the trio in stopping Brainiac who had travelled back in time from the 30th century to kill Clark before he could become Superman.
To keep his identity sealed, he moved to Metropolis and took the alias of Clark Kent, where he works under the alias of Clark Kent in the Daily Planet. Along with Batman and Wonder Woman, they found and established the Justice League.
Powers, Skills, and Abilities Edit
- Kryptonian Physiology: As a Kryptonian, Superman possesses immense, seemingly godlike powers under a yellow sun.
- Superhuman Strength: Superman possesses incredible superhuman strength, allowing him to easily able to bend steel, crush coal into diamond, punch through walls, produce powerful shock-waves by clapping his hands, and lift massive objects. He is considered to be the strongest member of the Justice League and the strongest being on Earth.
- Superhuman Speed: Superman can move at incredibly fast speeds.
- Superhuman Stamina: Superman is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time.
- Superhuman Agility and Reflexes: Along with super speed, Superman has very fast reflexes and agility.
- Invulnerability: Superman is nigh-invulnerable, and can withstand almost any form of harm, hence his nickname the "Man of Steel".
- Flight: Superman is capable of unaided flight.
- Heat Vision: Superman can project beams of intense heat from his eyes.
- X-Ray Vision: Superman can see through most solid objects.
- Super Breath: Superman's breath is incredibly powerful. It is usually used to repel something back or to freeze something, as it can go as low as subzero temperatures.
- Superhuman Hearing: Superman can hear sounds of far greater distances and with more detail than any average human.
- Kryptonite: Superman's most well-known weakness is Kryptonite, radioactive shards of Krypton. Even the smallest piece of Kryptonite is enough to weaken him.
- Red Solar Radiation: If Superman is exposed to the energy of a red sun, akin to that of his home planet, Krypton, his powers will slowly deplete until reaching human levels.
- Magic: Magic can harm or affect Superman.
- Lead: Though it doesn't physically harm him, Superman's X-Ray vision cannot see through lead.
- Batman: Best Friend
- Wonder Woman: Love interest
- Atomic Skull
- Power Outage (First Appearance)
- Night of The Bat
- Abate And Switch
- Follow the Space Cab!
- Nuclear Family Values
- Galaxy Jest
- Time Share
- Under a Red Sun
- Play Date
- Luthor in Paradise
- Plastic Man Saves the World
- Field Trip
- Rage of the Red Lanterns!
- Inside Job
- Battle for the Bottled City
- Garden of Evil
- The Fatal Fare
- Mxy's Mix-Up
- Booray for Bizarro
- Superman's Pal, Sid Sharp
- Superman Red vs. Superman Blue
- The Ringer
- Forget Me Not
- Phased and Confused
- Harley Goes Ape!
- System Error
- Race Against Crime
- Party Animal
- Keeping up with the Kryptonians